HAMDEN, Conn. & LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq:TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in market-specific solutions, including printers, terminals, software and other products for transaction-based and other industries will demonstrate to attendees of the 15th annual Global Gaming Expo (G2E®) in Las Vegas how “Epicentral® is the Proven Ticket to Growing Casino Revenue.” The Company’s display in Booth #2423 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center from September 29-October 1, 2015, will include the Epicentral promotion and bonusing solution, the brand new Epic 3000® printer now available for all lottery operators, and TransAct’s portfolio of industry-leading, award-winning Epic printers for the worldwide casino and gaming market.
“We believe Epicentral is a game-changing solution and are excited to demonstrate at G2E 2015 its proven success, including one example of a 1,000% return on investment and another of a 100% increase in lower-tier Average Daily Theo (“ADT”
Highlighting TransAct’s presence at G2E 2015, Epicentral is the industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite that allows casinos to deliver, in real-time, targeted coupons directly to their customers at the slot machine or electronic table game. Deployed alongside the Company’s ServerPort™ and Epic 950® ticket printer, Epicentral provides casino marketing teams with an unmatched, easy-to-use software suite that enables the design and delivery of floor-wide promotions at the click of a button, vastly simplifying the process of attracting, rewarding and retaining players. In particular, promotions can be designed to run using a wide variety of criteria, including uncarded player time on machine, coin in, carded player data, rated player data, earned rewards and randomly awarded prizes.
“As competition for the player wallet continues to increase industry-wide, casinos more than ever are demanding solutions that drive meaningful improvements in their floor performance and help them grow their business. Given this environment, momentum for Epicentral is building as more casinos understand and appreciate the clear value proposition of the system’s real-time promotional delivery capabilities,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “We believe Epicentral is a game-changing solution and are excited to demonstrate at G2E 2015 its proven success, including one example of a 1,000% return on investment and another of a 100% increase in lower-tier Average Daily Theo (“ADT”).”
TransAct will also debut at G2E 2015 its new Epic 3000 printer for the lottery industry, building on a track record of proven performance across thousands of locations over the last 20 years. The Company’s Epic 3000 lottery printer delivers a number of standout features unique to the industry, including its anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the industry’s only full tool steel rotary cutter, making it the fastest transaction printer for the lottery industry.
Mr. Shuldman added, “The Epic 3000 is a fantastic addition to our lineup of award-winning Epic casino and gaming printers and reflects the efforts of our team to make this innovative and highly reliable solution available to the broader lottery market. Together with Epicentral, our Epic printers clearly demonstrate to customers worldwide our unwavering commitment to ongoing investments in technology and innovation. Attendees will have the opportunity to see our full lineup of gaming and lottery industry printing solutions and our entire team is eager to demonstrate that our printers provide the reliability they count on and deliver the efficiency they need to provide guests with an uninterrupted experience. The advantages our Epic printers provide operators are evident in our ability to steadily increase our market share with operators around the world.”
The award-winning Epic printing solutions for gaming devices and self-service kiosks on display at G2E 2015 (Booth #2423) will include:
- Epic 950 – Installed on over 500,000 slot machines worldwide, the proven reliability of TransAct’s award-winning Epic 950 printer has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types both old and new, the Epic 950’s full compatibility with Epicentral provides for the real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine. Furthermore, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
- Epic 880® – A compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 883® – A higher resolution version of the Company’s popular Epic 880 printer, this compact kiosk printer delivers clear graphic and text reproduction capabilities at resolutions up to 300 dpi. The Epic 883 is compatible with a wide variety of applications including amusement with prizes (“AWP”), skill with prizes (“SWP”), and video lottery terminals (“VLT”).
- Epic 430® – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 is ideal for casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
- Epic 950® by TransAct® Enclosure – Addressing a growing need in the marketplace, TransAct takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 to two new locations beyond the slot machine. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. The new In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
For more information about the Epicentral print system and the Company’s Epic series of gaming and lottery printers, please visithttp://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a leader in developing and manufacturing market-specific solutions, including printers, terminals, software and other products for transaction-based and other industries. These industries include casino and gaming, lottery, food safety, banking, point-of-sale, hospitality, oil and gas, and medical and mobile. TransAct printers and products are designed from the ground up based on market-specific requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, Ithaca®, RESPONDER, Epic®, EPICENTRAL® and Printrex® product brands. TransAct distributes its printers and terminals through OEMs, value-added resellers, selected distributors, and direct to end-users. TransAct has over 2.7 million printers and terminals installed around the world. TransAct is also committed to providing world-class printer service, spare parts, accessories and printing supplies to its growing worldwide installed base of products. Through its TransAct Services Group, TransAct provides a complete range of supplies and consumable items used in the printing and scanning activities of customers in the hospitality, banking, retail, gaming, government and oil and gas exploration markets. Through its webstore, http://www.transactsupplies.com, and a direct selling team, TransAct addresses the on-line demand for these products. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call 203.859.6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2015 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as “may”, “will”, “expect”, “intend”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “believe” or “continue” or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company’s products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; our new line of food safety and oil and gas products driving increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed from time to time in TransAct’s reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.